Wednesday, January 9, 2013

How to Clean your Stovetop!?


Does your stovetop ever look like this?


Mine does! 

So I took to the one site where you can find anything DIY.....Pinterest!
I searched for how to clean your stove top, but most of the results utilized ammonia. First off, I didn't have ammonia at my house. Secondly, it stinks and I didn't like the risk with my four legged babies around. So I kept searching. 

How about baking soda?

If you check out many DIY cleaning solutions, baking soda is used in a lot of household solutions. 
To start the cleaning process, you take all the burners apart except one. Fill a stock pot half full of water and add baking soda. I just dumped into the pot until I felt I had enough. Bring the water to a boil and add your first grease catcher. Allow them to boil on each side for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the water with tongs and head to the sink. 


Scrub using steel wool pad and warm water. I added more baking soda to spots that weren't coming clean well enough. 
And hear is the end result!

They look almost new! 

After you finish the other burners, you can take the burner you were using (cooled of course) and clean it. Now my stove looks clean, happy, and ready for cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment